If you are looking for the solution of missing file error of dll file then you are on the correct article. The xlive.dll errors are caused due to some situations that lead us to the removal of all corrupted dll files. Even in some cases, the errors indicates the registered issues in the form of a virus or malware issue, and sometimes it even causes hardware damage or failure. So according to our research, we get to know several different ways to solve the missing file or not found the error on windows. Scroll down to know more.
What Causes xlive.dll Missing File Error?
The xlive.dll error messages popup when you are playing games or implementing the program using a particular program. Like other operating system programs, the dll files are an important part of the information that will help you to solve the problems. While following the steps keep something in mind before going for the following steps that while the error appears it will show the xlive.dll error message on the screen and the error of the dll file is the same on any of Microsoft Windows version. So, be careful while going for the solving process. The error may appear in different ways as it is listed under.
Here are the forms of errors that may look like while popping up on the screen, the errors are as follows:
- “xlive.dll was not found”
- “xlive.dll could not be located”
- “Cannot find xlive.dll”
- “xlive.dll error loading”
- “xlive.dll crash”
Hence, the above list is the form of errors that may appear while you are running the PC or playing the games or running the programs. After this section, there is basic information on the dll file, that contains.
Base xlive.dll File Information
Type of file Win32 DLL
File size 11.11MB - 14.74MB
Copyright © Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Product name Microsoft Games for Windows - LIVE
Developer Microsoft Corporation
File Versions 4 versions available
How To Fix xlive.dll Missing File on Windows?
Here you will find out one of the appropriate solutions to your problem. Just read and understand the solutions carefully and go for the appropriate one. I hope from the below methods you will find your method to solve the missing file or not found the error on Windows. The methods are as follows:
Method 1: Restart your Computer
When the PC is full of data and the storage is full and it is in the condition of burdening then the xlive.dll error may appear. So, while you are doing some work like running the program using any of the software or playing games then at that time the missing file error may appear on the screen. At that time you just have to close all the open tabs and restart your computer after saving all the data and you should always remember to take the backup of the data because while processing such things can cause damage to your data. So, by restarting the PC can stop showing up the errors of dll files. Thus, this was about the first method, the next method is about the installation of the software.
Method 2: Install the Software
This method will help you to solve the xlive.dll with the processing of the installation in your PC, as it is necessary because if the software is corrupted you first have to uninstall it and check whether it is still in the recycle bin or not. The steps are as follows:
- Click on the search toolbar and search for the ‘Check For Updates’.
- When it appears to the screen click on that.
- After it click on check for the updates button.
- After the detection of Windows , if there will be any of the latest update it will show you up.
- Then a box will show up on the screen and then click on the ‘Install Update’ button.
- After completing the following process, restart your PC.
Therefore, following such a process can lead you to help with the installation of the latest update. So, carefully read and follow the steps. The next method is about the fixation of the xlive.dll error.
Method 3: Fix xlive.dll Error Automatically
This method will help you to fix the error automatically. Follow the below-provided steps and fix or solve the error of missing dll file. The steps which include:
- Go to the WikiDll fixer automatically, as it will help you to fix the error.
- Then click on the “Download Solution” for an automatic fixer tool evolved in the WikiDll.
- When the download gets finish then follow the further given instructions.
- After it try to launch the program.
- Launching the program can help to fix the missing file error.
- This process will fix the error automatically.
Hence, this is one of the type of method which can help to fix the errors automatically. The next method shows or plays an important role which is how you can copy the dll file from another computer or PC. Scroll down to know more.
Method 4: Copy the DLL File and Scan Virus
In this paragraph, you will get to know how you can copy the dll file from anyone’s computer or laptop. Follow the steps which are provided under this section. The steps include:
- The computer should be of same version or processor.
- If you are not sure then once check the system information.
- Then press the Windows logo key and E together.
- Go to the C:\Windows\System32 and copy the dll file.
- Then paste the dll file in the same location.
- Then scan for the virus using an anti-virus device.
- If nothing appears then you have securely copied the file.
Thereby, here was about the copying of xlive.dll file which was missing from the computer or windows. So, here our main segment ends with the different types of methods.
The above-mentioned information is a piece of valid information to fix the xlive.dll missing file or not found an error on Windows. From the beyond methods you can go for the appropriate methods or even try all the methods as by trying all the methods will not cause anything to your PC. But it will surely help to fix the error. If you have any difficulties regarding this then comment in the below-given box, and if this information is helpful then please do give us feedback in the under a given box.