Ever hit a crossroad and don’t know what to do next? You might feel the same when you face an error on your Windows while running an application. We are here to talk about one of the DLL errors we may face i.e. vorbisfile.dll. You may face this in any of the Windows versions starting from 2000. This can restrict you to run certain applications.
Our purpose or motive behind this article is to explain the file itself and then how to fix the error when you face it on your Windows. Knowing what caused this error will help you understand better the fixes for this error. You will be able to improvise when you know the goal of the action you are performing.
vorbisfile.dll File Details
|File Type:||Win32 DLL|
|File Size:||24.08KB - 76KB|
|Copyright:||(C) Copyright Xiph.Org Foundation 1994-2002|
|Product Name:||VorbisFile Dynamic Link Library|
|File versions:||2 versions available|
What Causes vorbisfile.dll Error?
There are different causes of vorbisfile.dll error. When this error shows up on your system. It will mean either of the things mentioned: Registry problem, a virus on your system or an issue with your hardware. You may also face this error when you are trying to install certain applications. These applications will need the vorbisfile.dll file to run themselves.
The errors may come in different messages depending on the version of Windows you are using. Below given messages is the preview of how you can identify the error.
“Vorbisfile.dll Not Found”
“This application failed to start because vorbisfile.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.”
“Cannot find [PATH]\vorbisfile.dll”
“The file vorbisfile.dll is missing.”
“Cannot start [APPLICATION]. A required component is missing: vorbisfile.dll. Please install [APPLICATION] again.”
Now that you know the basic information about the file and the cause along with it. It will make things easier for you to understand and so we can move onto discussing the fixes for the file vorbisfile.dll.
How To Fix vorbisfile.dll Error On your System?
The fixes will depend on the Windows version you are using. they might not be completely different but the path to fixing the error may be a bit different so don’t get confused if you don’t see the exact path on your system than on our article. Perform the fixes carefully and don’t skip any step.
Method 1: System Restore
This method is to restore your Windows system manually. We will explain the complete process step by step. We would recommend you to follow the process simultaneously. This will help you to be on track and not get lost in the process. The process is lengthy so focus on the images too.
- Start with opening your control panel.
- Once you open your control panel you should see an image just like the one below.
- You then have to click on the option “System and Security”
- You should see a window like the one below.
- From the various options given, click on “System.”
- Once you click on system then you should see on your left and select the 3rd option “System protection.”
- After that click on the System properties option. That should open a page just shown in the image below.
- On this page click on system restore option.
- Clicking on this should open setup for you.
- Select one Recommended restore and then continue the setup by clicking on next.
- That should show you the different restore points.
- Select the restore point and click on next again.
- Confirm your restore point and click on Finish.
- Click on finish will show you an alert just like the one in the image below.
- The alert will explain that you cannot interrupt the restore once started.
- Click on Yes.
This will start your process of system restore and your DLL files will be restored bringing back the missing files including vorbisfile.dll file. Once the restore is completed you can try to run the application again that triggered the error.
Method 2: RollBack A Driver
This method is to roll back your driver a version back. Sometime you will face issues while installing a new version so in that case, certain applications may not work. What we could do is make a version back and try to run that same application. Follow the process below and understand it with the help of images.
- Search for Device Manager on your search bar.
- Click on the result.
- It should open a page like an image below.
- You will find a list from which you have to select on Display Adapters.
- Selecting that should you the name of your computer.
- As shown in the image below.
- Right-click on the name of your computer and the image below should what your screen looks like right now.
- Click on the last option properties.
- Clicking on it will open a box with 5 options.
- Click on the option “Roll Back Driver.”
- After you click on that the Windows will ask you the reason.
- Select your reason and click on “Yes.”
This will complete your process to rollback your driver and your vorbisfile.dll error should also get resolved.
This completes our vorbisfile.dll file article, hope you were able to fix your problem with the help of our approach and the images. In case of any doubts or issues. Use our comment box below and let us know. We will help you and reply as soon as possible