Many users are looking for the msvcr120.dll file fixing content. If are you one of them then do not worry and follow the article and it will help you to solve the error without facing any more difficulties. This article contains detail information regarding the dll file that has been misplaced or deleted or missing. In this article, there are many methods that have been divided into several steps by which you can follow the steps easily and can understand the method by just seeing the steps. Scroll down to know more about it.
What is msvcr120.dll Missing File Error?
The DLL file is known as the Dynamic Link Libraries and msvcr120.dll is known as one of the type of dll files. According to the research we get to know that this dll file is consists of Microsoft Visual Studio, which is used to implement or run the program properly. As it is also known as the essential file for the operating system. This file mostly required the third party installation which is extracted by the valuable application at a required runtime. This dll file is as same as the C++ library and if this file is missing you cannot launch the games or implement any kind of visual studio programs.
Thus, this was about the msvcr120.dll file and why it is important to use it in Visual Studio. In the next section, you will get to know the basic information related to the dll file. Let us see.
Basic Information of msvcr120.dll File
Type of file Win32/64 DLL
File size 420.66KB - 948.81KB
Copyright © Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Product name Microsoft Visual Studio 2013
Developer Microsoft Corporation
File Versions 2 versions available
How To Fix msvcr120.dll Missing File Error?
In this portion there are several types of solutions that are available to solve the msvcr120.dll missing file error. Follow the methods, if one method does not work you can try another method as it depends upon the error you are facing while operating the software or system. The solutions are as follows:
Solution 1: Install the msvcr120.dll
Here are the steps to install the msvcr120.dll missing file. When you are having missing file error then you can go for the following steps which are as follows:
- You can directly install the dll file from the given link “DOWNLOAD”.
- After that try to run the application.
- Then a page will appear, in the given box type ‘msvcr120.dll‘ for search.
- After typing the dll file click on the ‘Search Button‘.
- Then click on the msvcr120.dll file.
- After clicking on it the page will appear will be of an installation page.
- Click on the ‘Install Button‘ and when the file gets installed all the error problems will be fixed in the operating system.
Thus, the above-mention steps are the steps to follow while installing the msvcr120.dll file. If this method does not works then do not worry and go for the next solution which is provided in the under the section. Here we go.
Solution 2: Reinstall the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable
In this segment of msvcr120.dll, there is the solution provided for the reinstallation of the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable of the Visual Studio missing file. For the reinstallation process follow the below-given steps carefully. The steps are as follows:
- Go to the “Microsoft Visual C++ Redistribution Download Page” and choose an appropriate language or the “English” language.
- After that click on the “Download Button” given below.
- Remember to choose the file according to the system’s version.
- Once the file gets downloaded later double click on that file.
- After that follow the further instruction to complete the process.
- Then try to launch the program which was displaying the error.
Therefore, the above-mentioned steps are the steps for the reinstallation of the Microsoft Visual C++ file. If you want to go for the quick process then follow the beyond steps and that will help you to go for the easy and quick process. The next segment is How to clean installation of the program, here we go.
Solution 3: Do Clean Installation of the Program
In this portion you will get to know the method to do the clean installation of the program of the msvcr120.dll file. If the error will be in the program then you have to clean the installed program from the computer. Follow the below-mentioned steps to fix the error of missing files. The steps which include are:
- Press the “Windows Logo Key” and R key together for a command run box.
- Then in the box type “appwiz.cpl” and then click OK.
- You will get to see the list of the programs.
- Select the program you want to uninstall and right-click on it, then select the uninstall button.
- After that to confirm the uninstallation process click on the “YES” button.
- When the process gets finished, restart your PC.
- After following the above 6 steps you have to again go for the installation process.
Therefore, above are the methods by which you can do the cleaning process or can say the cleaning of the installation process. The further solution is how you can copy the dll file from another PC or from your friends’ PC. Scroll down to know about the solution 4.
Solution 4: Copy the msvcr120.dll File and Run Virus Scan
This section contains that how you can copy the msvcr120.dll missing file from another PC or from your friends’ PC and after that how you can check that, that file contains virus or not. To know just follow the steps given under and solve the problem. The steps are as follows:
- Select the computer that runs the same operating system that has the same version and architecture.
- Then by pressing the Windows logo key and E together for the run command box.
- Go to the C:\Windows\System32 and then there you will see the msvcr120.dll file, copy that file.
- After that paste that file in the same location in your computer and run the task.
- Then to check the virus run your anti-virus scanner.
- After all the above processes, restart your computer.
Thereby, by following the above steps you can solve the missing file error problems. Here our main points of segments get completed with the detail information regarding the msvcr120.dll missing file from the computer or Windows.
- hal.dll Error Fix | Easy Solutions To Fix The Error On Your Windows
- How To Fix The Missing atmlib.dll File Error or Not Found Error?
- How To Fix api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll Error ?
I hope you must have got about the msvcr120.dll missing file process. By following the above-mentioned steps and solutions according to your problem will solve the missing file error. You just have to go through the steps carefully and follow the steps for quick and easy solutions.
After this still having doubts or running questions in your mind, you can freely ask the question in the given comment box. I hope the information will be helpful to you and if you liked the article please do comment or give us feedback in the below-given section.