So, what leads mfc140.dll file into error and how to solve it? All these questions answers are available in this article. This article will help you with the detail information and explanation of the dll file error. You have to understand the article and methods and have to follow the steps as per the given in this article. Scroll down to know more about the dll file and the methods to fix the error.
Mfc140.dll Detail Information
|Type of file:||Win32/64 DLL|
|File size:||4.18MB - 5.36MB|
|File version:||5 versions available|
|Product name:||Microsoft Visual Studio 2015|
|Copyright:||© Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved|
What Causes mfc140.dll File Error?
Let us begin with the cause of the DLL file. The mfc140.dll errors have the reasons which can cause due to the situations that lead to the removal or corruption of the file, a file contained in the DirectX software collection. Even some cases show the direct error of missing files, virus infection, or a hardware problem. So, I have also listed the types of error can occur and the image shown will help you in how the error looks like.
- “mfc140.dll is missing”
- “mfc140.dll error loading”
- “Cannot register mfc140.dll”
- “mfc140.dll crash”
- “mfc140.dll was not found”
- “The procedure entry point mfc140.dll error”
- “mfc140.dll could not be located”
- “mfc140.dll Access Violation”
- “Cannot find mfc140.dll”
Thereby, here are the major reasons behind the cause of dll file error. All the following information was about the reasons and how the error appears. The next section is about the methods.
Methods to Solve mfc140.dll Error
Here are the methods to solve the DLL file error. Understand the method and go for the correct approach to solve the dll file error. The methods are listed with the steps in it by which you can solve the error easily. So, here we go.
Method 1: Update Your System
The first method help you to update your PC or just check for the updates to solve the dll file error.
- Search for “Windows Update Setting” in the search bar.
- As shown in the image a setting box will appear on the screen, then click on the ‘Windows Update Setting option’.
- After that click on the “Check for Updates” button, as shown in the below picture.
- If there will be no updates then it will “You are Up To Date”, as shown in the image.
- If it shows “Install Update” option, then click on it and install the latest update.
- When the complete process ends, restart your computer and run the same program.
Thus, this was the first method to fix the dll file error. If still, the dll file appears then go for the next method to solve the error.
Method 2: Use the SFC tool
The second method is about the use of the SFC (System File Checker) tool to know the registration location is added correctly or not. So, follow the steps to solve the mfc140.dll file error.
- So, first, search for the “cmd” (press window logo key and R as a short cut).
- Or follow the image as shown below for your better understanding.
- After that select the “Run as Administrator” option as per the pictures.
- Then type”SFC” in that administrator command prompt and follow the further instructions correctly, as per the image.
- When the following process gets completed.
- Restart your computer and operate the same application.
Therefore, all the following methods will help you to solve the mfc140.dll file error. Here our main fragmentation ends by providing you the complete detail on the methods to fix the error.
DLL File Articles List
- Fix: kernelbase.dll Missing File Error Easily From One Place
- mspp32.dll | Fix Your Computer Now [Resolved Steps]
- Fix: msvcr120.dll Missing File Error From HOME
We really hope that the entire information about the mfc140.dll file was helpful to you and will definitely you to fix the missing DLL file error. Simply follow the methods and steps without worring about anything and Suppose any questions or doubts are running in your mind then do ask in the comment section without any hesitating. And if you liked our article then comment in the same given box.