The DLL file is those files that contain some specific instruction that is followed when given a specific command. One such DLL file is mfc110.dll. You may find the mfc110.dll error on your system in certain cases, that will be discussed further in the article. Let us first focus on the basic information of this file. An overview of the file will give you a better understanding and you will be able to fix the error in a better way.
|File Type:||Win32 DLL|
|File Size:||4.22MB - 4.22MB|
|Copyright:||© Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.|
|Product Name:||Microsoft Visual Studio 2012|
|File Version:||2 versions available|
What Can Cause The mfc110.dll Error?
The error can be caused due to a few circumstances.
- The error can occur when the application is not able to read the file.
- When the file itself is missing.
- The file gets corrupted.
- The hardware is damaged.
- The system registry detects invalid entry of the mfc110.dll file.
Under all such circumstances, you will face this error on your system. The message inside the pop-up box may change depending on the Windows version you are using. The preview for all the possible messages is given below.
“mfc110.dll Not Found”
“This application failed to start because mfc110.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.”
“Cannot find [PATH]\mfc110.dll”
“Failed to load mfc110.dll”
“Unable to find mfc110.dll entry point”
“The file mfc110.dll is missing.”
“Cannot start [APPLICATION]. A required component is missing: mfc110.dll. Please install [APPLICATION] again.”
How To Fix The mfc110.dll Error?
Fixing the error will only get easy when you know what you are doing. For that reason, we started our article by providing a little information on mfc110.dll error. The fixes are given below.
Fix 1: Get the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4
This pack will help you to replace the mfc110.dll file with its latest version or update available. This can be used as a fix when this file is missing or corrupted in your system. Sometime the file will be present but it won’t be updated hence it might not work. Getting the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4 will fix that issue. Based on your version get the x86 (32-bit) or the x64 (64-bit).
Fix 2: Restore The System
System restore is a big step. This should be done only when nothing else works. Doing a system restore may or may not erase other files so get a backup of your files before doing a system restore. This will help you to get rid of all the corrupted or missing files and replace them with original files as doing a system restore will bring back the files.
- Go to the search bar and type control panel.
- Opening the control panel should give you the page shown above.
- From your control panel. Select the System and Security option.
- You should now have this page opened on your screen as shown above.
- Select the option “System” on the page.
- Yous should see a “System Protection” option on your left side of the page.
- Now, Click on “System Restore.”
- On the new page select the restore method and click next.
- Select the restoration point and click next again.
- Now, this page will ask for confirmation. Confirm it by clicking on Finish.
- You will then get an alert saying that this process cannot be interrupted once started.
Related DLL Articles
DLL errors can be difficult to fix, there are minor issues that need to be looked into. We hope you were able to fix the mfc110.dll error on your system with the help of our article alone. In case you still have any issue with our article, let us know through the comment box below and we will help you solve your query.