There are many users searching for the solution to the chrome_elf.dll missing file error. This article or complete article represents the missing dll file error solutions by which you will able to fix the file without facing any more errors. You just have to follow one thing that is the flow of the article. So, follow the article and understand the methods and then go for the fixation of the dll file. Here we begin.
The Reasons For Chrome_elf.dll Error
The main reason behind the chrome_elf.dll missing file is the cause of misplacement or mistakenly deleted the file. As the appearance of the error can be in any version of the Windows operating system. The look of the error will remain the same as shown in the image but the name listed can be different as listed below. So, the basic cause is corrupted file or mistakenly deleted the file or misplaced file, all these are the general cause of the dll file error.
- “chrome_elf.dll Not Found”
- “This application failed to start because chrome_elf.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.”
- “Cannot find [PATH]\chrome_elf.dll”
- “The file chrome_elf.dll is missing.”
- “Cannot start [APPLICATION]. A required component is missing: chrome_elf.dll. Please install [APPLICATION] again.”
Therefore, all the following detailed information was about the reasons for chrome_elf.dll missing file error. To know more about the dll file go through the following given table to know the versions and type of the file.
More About chrome_elf.dll File
|Type of file:||Win32/64 DLL|
|File size:||128.82KB - 661.46KB|
|File version:||6 versions available|
|Product name:||Google Chrome|
|Copyright:||Copyright 2012 Google Inc. All rights reserved|
What Could Fix The chrome_elf.dll Error?
This entire section contains the solution to fix the chrome_elf.dll missing file error. So, read and understand to solve the dll file error. The methods are as follows, which include:
Way 1: Update Your Drive
The first method shows to update the drive to fix the missing chrome_elf.dll file error.
- Search “Device Manager” using short cut keys (Windows logo Key).
- Then click on the ‘Device Manager’. The list will appear as shown in the image.
- Select the “Display adapters” from the list.
- In the form of a result, detailed information will be shown to you.
- Then click on it, a pop-up box will appear on the same screen, same as the image shown.
- Click on the “Update Driver” button.
- Then wait for the process to get started.
- Restart your computer.
- Try to run the same software to check.
Way 2: Update Your Windows
Here is the second way to solve the missing chrome_elf.dll file error. The steps are as follows:
- Search for Updates using the Windows logo key.
- Click on it. As shown in the image.
- Then go the “check for updates” button and click. Like the image.
- Then you will get to know the latest update.
- If the update is available then follow the ahead process and if not then you are upto date.
- Click on the “Install Update” button.
- Restart your PC and then operate the same software.
Thus, all the above-mentioned detailed information was about the chrome_elf.dll file or to fix the dll file error. If you like this article and want to know more on the dll file then click on the below link and read.
- hal.dll Error Fix | Easy Solutions To Fix The Error On Your Windows
- wmvcore.dll Error Fix For Your Various Windows Versions
- RLD.DLL | Missing File Error Fixed in Your Windows
The chrome_elf.dll is an important file like other dll file and it is necessary to run the software. Using this can help you to run the software properly and swiftly without worring about anything. While solving this error any questions come up in your mind freely ask us in the comment box. If there are no questions then do give us feedback in that same comment box.