This article belongs to the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll missing file error. To solve your missing file error issues read the article carefully and understand the process. This article will help you to solve all your problems as it contains the solution to your problems. In this article complete details are there. The methods are described in detail with the help of the steps format. Let us move ahead with the exact information related to the dll file. Scroll down to know more.
What causes api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll file error?
The api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll file is one of the kinds of dll files. So, let us begin that what causes this file. When this type of dll file is missing it causes an error while running the program. This file is a part of Microsoft Visual Studio or included in the Microsoft Visual C++. So, while running or implementing the program if this file is missing then it will show you an error again and again. Hence that’s why this type of dll file is essential to run the programs.
Thus, this was about the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll missing file error. Next, the section is about the basic information of the dll file. So, go through the given information to know more about it. Let us go.
General api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll Info
|Type of file||Win32/64 DLL|
|File size||15.84KB - 23.4KB|
|Copyright||© Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.|
|Product name||Microsoft Windows Operating System|
|File Versions||4 versions available|
How To Fix api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll File Error?
This section will help you to solve the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll file errors with the help of different types of methods of ways. You just have to follow the steps to solve the error of missing files. The methods are as follow:
Fix 1: Install the Software
In this method, you have to install the software via windows update. As Microsoft Visual C++ of the Visual Studio has built an update of KB2999226. Thereby, as told you have to install it with the Windows update. The steps are:
- Type “update” in the search toolbar.
- Then hit on the ‘Check for Updates’.
- After it check for the updates.
- Windows will show you up the latest update after automatically detecting for the update.
- Then click on the ‘Install Update’.
- After that restart your computer and follow the steps until there are no more updates left.
Thus, this method was about the Installation of the software update. You have to follow the steps and that will help you to fix the dll file error. The next section is about the second method, go and follow the next method if still showing the error.
Fix 2: Download Visual C++ from Microsoft
In this portion, you will get to know about the second method to fix the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll file error. In this method, you have to download the file directly from the Microsoft website. Follow the steps which include:
- Directly go to the “Microsoft Website”.
- Then click on the ‘Download Button’.
- After it select the system type and go for the ‘Next’.
- It will start to download the file.
- After the download gets completed, double click on the .exe file.
- Then follow the further instructions.
- Then try to open the file and if it is successfully opening then there is nothing to worry about and if not then try the next method.
Hence, the above-given steps are to download the file directly from the Microsoft Visual Studio. The next method is about the Repairing of the Visual C++ file. Scroll down to know about it.
Fix 3: Repair the Visual C++ for Visual Studio
This method is about the repairing of the visual c++ redistribution for the visual studio. Follow the steps to solve the problems:
- Search for the Control Panel in the search toolbar and click on the ‘Control Panel’.
- Then click on the ‘Programs and Features’ under the small icon pane.
- After it click on the ‘Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable’ and then select Change.
- Then click on the ‘Repair Button’.
- At last click on the ‘YES‘.
Thus, this method was about repairing the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio. The next method is about copying the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll file from the friends’ computer safely and to check the virus too. Let us go.
Fix 4: Copy the DLL File and Check Virus
In this method, you will get to know how to copy the DLL file from your friends’ computer. As, after trying the above methods still the error is showing up then you have to go for this method. Follow the steps and do it carefully, the steps include:
- Your friends’ computer should have the same operating system. The version and etc things should be the same as the operating system.
- Then search for the system information to verify the operating system information.
- Then press the Windows logo key and E together at the same time on that computer.
- After it go to the C:\Windows\System32 and then copy the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll file.
- You have to paste the copied file in the same location which is C:\Windows\System32.
- After it check the virus using the virus scanner.
- If there is no virus then you have safely copied the file.
Thereby, the above steps are as follows to fix the error. All the above-mentioned methods are to be followed while there is a missing file error of DLL files. Just by following the steps carefully you can clear the errors. Here our main segment ends with the complete detail on the dll file which is about the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll file.
The api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll file is a kind of dll file as I told you above. When this type of file is missing then only the error occurs. To solve these errors you have to go through the methods which are mentioned in the above section. I hope all the following methods will be helpful to you and will help to solve the missing file errors. In this dll file, there are 4 kinds of methods that have been described in the above section.
To solve the error the first method is about the Installation of the software, then the second method is about the download visual c++ when these two methods are not working then there is the third method which is to repair the visual c++ and the fourth method is to copy the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll file from another computer and check for the virus. If you have any questions or the article is helpful then comment in the below-given box.